[Bloat] [aqm] pie, codel, fq_pie, fq_codel tech report

grenville armitage garmitage at swin.edu.au
Wed Aug 3 20:43:09 EDT 2016

Kathy, Dave,

Thanks for the +ve comments!

On 08/04/2016 03:03, Kathleen Nichols wrote:
> Nicely laid out and reported, but I have a question for the authors. At the
> top of section II. D. it says:
> "Instantaneous’ throughput is an approximation derived
> from the actual bytes transferred during constant windows
> of time."
>
> Is the "actual bytes transferred" the sum of the packet sizes through
> the link or is it the actual advance in sequence number bytes?

Simplistic sum of the IP payload lengths per unit time as seen at the destination's NIC.  (We took the line of least resistance for this tech report. But yes, the advance of sequence num. per unit time would be a more precise estimate of the useful flow of bytes as experienced by the application.)

cheers,
gja