[Bloat] TCP BBR paper is now generally available

Klatsky, Carl Carl_Klatsky at comcast.com
Fri Dec 9 09:52:37 EST 2016

Yuchung,

In regards to DOCSIS PIE as part of upcoming DOCSIS 3.1 equipment, single queue PIE will first be deployed on the D3.1 cable modem governing the upstream direction.  So the test of BBR & other CCs in the mixed environment would be run with the BBR & other CC sending sources on a server/compute node behind the cable modem sending data upstream to some receiver.  I do not see DOCSIS PIE on the CMTS in the downstream direction in the near term.

Regards,
Carl Klatsky