[Bloat] Hardware upticks

David Collier-Brown davec-b at rogers.com
Tue Jan 5 15:13:06 EST 2016

The SPARC T5 is surprisingly good here, with a very short path to cache
and a moderate number of threads with hot cache lines.  Cache
performance was one of the surprises when the slowish early T-machines
came out, and surprised a smarter colleague and I who had apps
bottlenecking on cold cache lines on what were nominally much faster
processors.

I'd love to have a T5-1 on an experimenter board, or perhaps even in my
laptop (I used to own a SPARC laptop), but that's not where Snoracle is
going.

--dave