[Bloat] what is the correct linux tc u32 match to ignore ecn but preserve tos?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 13:27:02 EDT 2016

I can't ever get my endianess straight, and I figure that someone here
might "just know"

Do I use match u8 0xfc or 0xcf?

tc filter add dev $DEV parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 10 u32 \
      match ip tos 0x10 0xff  flowid 1:10

(am trying to revise this from in front of a mac:
https://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki/Wondershaper_Must_Die/
)

Bonus points if you can come up with the right tc filter line for ipv6.

What I would probably do is have a filter chain to then classify the
thing further for L4s, but I don't understand how or where I'd direct
CE markings correctly. (?)

How does it happen in the pi2 code? is that on github somewhere?

http://blog.cerowrt.org㯝㯟