[Bloat] new public web tests for bufferbloat

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 12:54:49 EDT 2016

I just tested the Sourceforge.net tester. Comments:

- It's pretty, although only works if you have the screen maximized. Epic fail if you try it on a smart phone.
- My Adblock Plus also threw it for a loop. I had to switch to my secondary browser (unblocked) to test it
- Download measurement and bufferbloat numbers are believable
- Upload rate was not (768kbps DSL only measured at 100kbps)
- Result page is confusing

TL;DR - they seem to have all the elements in place to measure the latency during transfers. If they fix some of these problems, they'll have a winner.

I sent very shortfeedback (both good and bad) by clicking Like and Dislike buttons. I left an email address to see if they would like to receive a longer critique. We'll see what happens.

Rich