[Bloat] Possible Companion Software for Cake and SQM

Noah Causin n0manletter at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 13:08:20 EDT 2016

This would be something that users would deploy.  I have read comments
from system administrators of businesses and colleges indicating they
have issues with managing specific applications like Facebook Video, and
this could be a good solution.

I think that this could help a lot of people.  Many people who want to
setup QOS on their router want to priority specific applications like
Netflix and Skype.  The issue is that many applications use the same
ports, which makes that difficult. Since cake has a robust diffserv
model, I think that a good diffserv-marking DPI solution would work well
with it.  OpenWRT doesn't really have one.

I've been really wanting to implement this as an OpenWRT package, but I
lack the expertise.

I was wondering if anyone was interested, maybe they could lend a hand.

Noah