[Bloat] Bufferbloat.net - Organizing, curating, and workflow

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 14:27:51 EDT 2016

On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 11:16 AM, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke at toke.dk> wrote:
> moeller0 <moeller0 at gmx.de> writes:
>
>> So how do I contribute changes to existing pages? The cake page has
>> some inaccuracies regarding VDSL2 encapsulation that I would like to
>> fix…
>
> Clone the repo at https://github.com/tohojo/bufferbloat-net/, make
> changes to the right markdown file and submit a pull request with the
> change :)

Arguably it will be faster as expertise is gained to allow more (most
or all) of the core authors direct access to the primary github repo,
and autopublication is possible with a post-push hook.

It does help to run hugo locally to preview your fixes as you go along.

One of the big "fixes" inherent in this design is that hugo supports a
"draft" concept, where stuff can be iterated on inside of git by one
or more parties before it makes it to the public web. I have a problem
in that I'm always working on 6 things at once and have had a tendency
to realize "oh, that's a topic that needs more work", and yet never
get around to fleshing out that topic, in part, because I forget it's
essentially a broken link.

I envy those that can sit down on a conventional wiki, start, and two
hours later write "the end" and move on. That process for me takes
days, weeks, (or years!). I really liked adopting the bloggy format
for blog.cerowrt.org, as my natural metíer is the rant. I must have
30+ more articles in draft form in git at the moment, there.

http://blog.cerowrt.org