[Bloat] Bufferbloat.net - Organizing, curating, and workflow

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 11:39:15 EDT 2016

as for "Search in the age of slack", I totally missed that if we are
going to do anything dynamic-ish and automagic for the front pages,
that pulling a few entries from the mailing lists would probably help.
Similarly the search engine should also incorporate
lists.bufferbloat.net content.

At the distributed web conference last week, I was stunned by a
sea-change in interactions, everybody posted their twitter handles,
instead of email addresses, and were interacting over slack (rather
than irc) or federating via matrix.org. I do not know to what extent
the old and new can be federated together....

The new front page looks good on a handheld but is not particularly
useful. I'd move make-wifi-fast to the top and make it a link, in
particular.

The opening day of that conference is up on youtube with talks by
mitchel baker, vint cerf, tim berners-lee, and cory doctorow, all
worthwhile...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yth7O6yeZRE

Doctorow's talk (about 5 hours in) was particularly inspiring. I wish
I'd got a lightning talk in, as "TCP 101" and the effects of
bufferbloat on edge-distributed content seems to have been missed by
the new guard.

http://blog.dshr.org/2016/04/brewster-kahles-distributed-web-proposal.html

In terms of other bleeding edge distribution concepts there's things like ipfs.