[Bloat] COTS router with OpenWrt

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 09:08:57 EST 2016

I have been exchanging a few emails with Jonathan Foulkes from evenroute.com. He tells me that his company is installing OpenWrt on a commercial, off the shelf (COTS) TP-Link router and selling them on commercially. His "secret sauce" is an auto-update facility and improved setup software, which includes a rate-detection step that operates continually to adjust the fq_codel parameters to the actual line rate. You can take a look at IQrouter.com, or look them up on Amazon.

This might be a solution to our current conundrum about not having an easy solution that solves our family's networking problem. I'm going to get one of these and try it out.

He has been following our bufferbloat and make-fifi-fast work closely, as well as the work on LEDE, which he'll consider once it hits a stable point. I have invited him to join this list.

Welcome, Jonathan.