[Bloat] Fixing bufferbloat in 2017

David Lang david at lang.hm
Sun Nov 27 21:47:57 EST 2016

On Sun, 27 Nov 2016, Kathleen Nichols wrote:

>>> Most of the suggestions in this thread deal with Getting the Word
>>> Out. That's good - that's the declaring victory part. The bad news
>>> is that this is not our collective skill set.
>
> So that's the hard part. Who do you need to Get the Word Out to and what
> do you expect them to do? It sounds like there are some edge router
> improvements coming. It's possible that some companies are using the
> work but they are advertising what it does for the customer not where it
> came from or what it is technically. So that might be a victory.

I think the biggest thing that's needed in terms of getting the word out is to
have something that is recognized as being orders of magnatude better than
what's out there, even if not perfect, and agree not to talk it down because you
are working on something that may be better.

If there's ever a case of 'perfect being the enemy of good enough', it's the
development here.

David Lang