[Bloat] How to "sell" improvement

David Lang david at lang.hm
Mon Nov 28 14:40:56 EST 2016

On Mon, 28 Nov 2016, David Collier-Brown wrote:

> Yes, especially for
>
> * the performance-reporting tools' own page and also for
> * some well-known, moderately complex ones.
>
> Not the minimalist Google front page, but perhaps a particular query...

First off, can we get people to nominate candidate pages?

Then, let's see if we can make a simulator for that page, so the test won't
break when the website gets updated, something that has the same serialization
issues hitting multiple sites and fetching a bunch of items of various sizes
(ideally, but not neccessarily involving slight delays on the server before
returning the objexts)

turn this test into a apache module so it's easy to use and isn't affected by
system variations (and eliminates possible security risks by having the module
not access anything on the system)

Then get this deployed a bunch of places.

David Lang