[Bloat] bufferbloat at high edge rates

jb justin at dslr.net
Wed Nov 16 15:27:20 EST 2016

Hi Stefan,

The reason for the higher latency is the auto-selection of the servers, the
IP address you were on for the browser tests was for a reason I can't yet
work out, only offering US servers. It is surprising that you got a
gigabit, pretty much.

You can avoid this problem in the browser test by selecting manually, using
test preferences, only euro servers and it will use the nearest of those.

The command line test was pinging all 76 servers so it used euro ones.

So my reaction from your tests is that the in-brwser buffer bloat testing
is probably accurate even at high speeds and with the same servers,
probably returning the same measurement.

thanks
-Justin

On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 5:00 PM, Stefan Alfredsson <stefan.alfredsson at kau.se