[Bloat] Large decrease in speed needed to combat bufferbloat?

Mario Hock mario.hock at kit.edu
Fri Oct 21 04:32:40 EDT 2016

Hi,

Am 17.08.2016 um 10:21 schrieb Alec Robertson:
> The other question I would like to ask is, what's the absolute best way to
> see what the ping maximum actually is? With speedtest.net the ping only
> increases 1-2ms (pinging bbc.co.uk) and the same is true for dslreports.com
> (maybe a little bit higher, maximum of about 5ms) but on the dslreports.com
> site it says 9ms+ at times?

you can get access to the internal RTT estimation of the TCP stack with
the tool TCPlog (https://git.scc.kit.edu/CPUnetLOG/TCPlog).

It shows (among other values): minRtt, maxRtt, avgRtt, meanRtt

But be aware that you have to run TCPlog on the sending end-system.
Also, TCPlog is only available for Linux.

Best regards,

Mario Hock