[Bloat] "BBR" TCP patches submitted to linux kernel

Eric Dumazet eric.dumazet at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 06:55:12 EDT 2016

On Fri, 2016-10-21 at 12:47 +0200, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 12:42:17PM +0200, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
> > Perhaps it's time to kill them, but I don't know what the defaults are :-)
>
> If it matters (for autotuning), the host has 64 GB of physical RAM.

I am working on a patch to change how EPOLLOUT events are generated,
so that we can use /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_notsent_lowat = 1000000
to greatly reduce amount of bytes in write queues, without a throughput
reduction in presence of losses.

(There is a bug at this moment, kernel fails to wakeup the writer
if it receives sack blocks, consuming all not sent bytes in write queue)