[Bloat] 22 seconds til bloat on gfiber?

Benjamin Cronce bcronce at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 22:30:47 EDT 2016

On the opposite side of things. I found these. I wish more people did high
resolution samples.
http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/5414499
http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/5414506

Why does Google Fiber have so much bloat? They're running line rate. This
means their buffers are actually sized to have over 1 second of data at
line rate. I understand the underlying protocol is encapsulating groups of
Ethernet packets, which increases the burstiness in which the packets are
dequeued, but that's insane.