[Bloat] "BBR" TCP patches submitted to linux kernel

Ingemar Johansson S ingemar.s.johansson at ericsson.com
Thu Oct 27 15:25:46 EDT 2016

Hi Eric + others
Cubic : I would believe that the main reason why Cubic give such bad results lies in the HyStart algorithm, I have sofar not seen any major issues with the Cubic congestion avoidance algorithm, provided of course that proper AQM is deployed.

RFC3540 : This actually in the process of becoming historic (see https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-black-tsvwg-ecn-experimentation/ ), also you will notice that I am on favor of this draft as I am among the folks who wish to free up ECT(1) for L4S use.

/Ingemar