[Bloat] grading bloat better

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 23:22:32 EDT 2016

Thank you very much for the explanation and the fix. I am confronted
by the dsltestreports stuff every day on my search for bufferbloat. I
don't consider it annoying, but as a chance to spot check!

I still might quibble, but a trimmed mean makes more sense than just a mean.

Problem I always have is bloat is biased always towards the end of a test. Here,
at 1gbit, it took nearly 20 seconds to start going boom. Maybe we need
to invent a new distribution (The bloat distribution? The TCP
distribution)...

You are getting towards a big dataset now. (has it been a year yet?)
Got anyone lined up for a paper on it? I'd still love it if one day
someone could take all the data you are filtering out, and plot
that....

I imagine the user's test result is cached and not subject to these
modifications?

http://blog.cerowrt.org