[Bloat] "BBR" TCP patches submitted to linux kernel

Aaron Wood woody77 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 16:35:42 EDT 2016

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 12:43 PM, Dave Täht <dave at taht.net> wrote:

> On 9/29/16 4:24 AM, Mário Sérgio Fujikawa Ferreira wrote:
> > Is there a mailing list I can lurk in to follow on the development?
> >
> > I'm most interested on a delta to apply to Android 6.x Franco Kernel
> > (https://github.com/franciscofranco/angler)
>
> Android is still shipping linux 3.10? How... quaint.

While you think 3.10 is old, in my experience it's still seen as cutting
edge by many.  RHEL is still only at 3.10.  And routers are using much
older 3.x kernels.  There's a huge lag between what the "enterprise" crowd
is running in production, and what you guys are developing on.  Because
"stability".

It's been one of my major frustrations (especially on the embedded side
where 3.x kernels are still considered 'new' and 2.6.x is 'trusted').

-Aaron