[Bloat] "BBR" TCP patches submitted to linux kernel

Mario Ferreira liouxbsd at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 21:54:14 EDT 2016

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016, 16:43 Dave Täht <dave at taht.net> wrote:

> On 9/29/16 4:24 AM, Mário Sérgio Fujikawa Ferreira wrote:
> > Is there a mailing list I can lurk in to follow on the development?
> >
> > I'm most interested on a delta to apply to Android 6.x Franco Kernel
> > (https://github.com/franciscofranco/angler)
>
> Android is still shipping linux 3.10? How... quaint.

That's for Huawei Nexus 6P. Google's flagship till Pixel XL arrives. I'll
try getting BBR merged to Franco's kernel (officially or maintained as a
fork)  and add tc-adv with fq_codel/cake.

Since this is mobile, I'm pretty sure it will present a whole new host of
"data points".

I'm swamped right now but I'll have time by november for both FreeBSD and
Android 6 (7 doesn't have source code released just yet) . I'm no expert
but I'll help as I can.

>  2. ipfw/dummynet AQM with FQ-Codel
> >     (
> https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ipfw/2016-February/006026.html
> )
>
> I made some comments on this that I'd like people to look at what is
> really going on in bsd + fq_codel at > 100mbit.
>
> https://github.com/opnsense/core/issues/505

I haven't been involved with the FreeBSD project on recent years but I'll
try to advocate internally.
--

Mario S F Ferreira - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
feature, n: a documented bug | bug, n: an undocumented feature