[Bloat] "BBR" TCP patches submitted to linux kernel

Dave Täht dave at taht.net
Thu Sep 29 15:43:33 EDT 2016

On 9/29/16 4:24 AM, Mário Sérgio Fujikawa Ferreira wrote:
> Is there a mailing list I can lurk in to follow on the development?
>
> I'm most interested on a delta to apply to Android 6.x Franco Kernel
> (https://github.com/franciscofranco/angler)

Android is still shipping linux 3.10? How... quaint.

> and Debian Jessie.

I have built .debs for ubuntu and am going to go build debs for jessie
on arm soon.

> FreeBSD support would be excellent but I don't even have reviewed the
> license to be sure if we need a clean room development (hence I haven't
> read the code)

The bbr code is licensed dual bsd/gpl. It's dependent on a bunch of apis
though...

 or we can try to relocate it directly. On a side FreeBSD
> note, I'm hopeful for
>
>  1. Packet pacing (https://wiki.freebsd.org/DevSummit/201606/Transport)

was good to read up on the progress there, although I think 1ms timing
in bsd is needing to be upgraded.

>  2. ipfw/dummynet AQM with FQ-Codel
>     (https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ipfw/2016-February/006026.html)

I made some comments on this that I'd like people to look at what is
really going on in bsd + fq_codel at > 100mbit.

https://github.com/opnsense/core/issues/505