[Bloat] Steam In Home Streaming on ath9k wifi

Caleb Cushing xenoterracide at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 02:24:47 EST 2017

So I was going to upload a couple of very large wireshark dumps, but then I
looked at something again and realized I was reading one of steam's poorly
documented performance metrics wrong. It appears that more often than not
now, my problem is actually host or client side on the cpu/encoding, so my
network setup is good. I think their may have also been some client side
network driver issues. It also seems that even slight alternate network
usage can affect the stream (such as leaving a web browser open) all though
this seems strange, I can't imagine how that could be impacted one way or
another by the router. So thanks for the help. Looking forward to more
improvements on your end.

On Sun, Nov 26, 2017 at 5:12 PM Dave Taht <dave at taht.net> wrote:

> Jan Ceuleers <jan.ceuleers at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Resending with the from-address with which I'm subscribed to the list
> >
> > On 26/11/17 18:53, Dave Taht wrote:
> requires
> associated
> >>
> >> I'd written that up here:
> >>
> >> http://blog.cerowrt.org/post/disabling_channel_scans/
> >>
> >> Which was improved in some release of network manager
> >>
> >> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/373680
> >
> > Dave,
> >
> > Thanks, but that's not the same problem I experienced. Yours was
> > entirely client-side (i.e. it was behaviour of Network Manager). My
> > problem was due to the AP asking the client to periodically perform
> > scans (by means of hostapd's obss_interval parameter).
>
> Got it. Thanks!
>

> > Similar (but not the same) symptoms - different cause.
> >
> > Jan

Caleb Cushing

http://xenoterracide.com