[Bloat] [Cerowrt-devel] DC behaviors today

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 11:41:16 EST 2017

> Have you considered what this means for the economics of the operation of
networks? What other industry that “moves things around” (i.e logistical or
similar) system creates a solution in which they have 10x as much
infrastructure than their peak requirement?

Ten times peak demand?  No.

Ten times average demand estimated at time of deployment, and struggling
badly with peak demand a decade later, yes.  And this is the transportation
industry, where a decade is a *short* time - like less than a year in
telecoms.

- Jonathan Morton