[Bloat] Win10 Updates vs cake

Mario Hock mario.hock at kit.edu
Fri Dec 22 04:12:45 EST 2017

Hi,

except from buffer bloat performance can also be degraded by an
increased packet loss probability.

Can you also track packet loss rates / packet loss probability? And also
throughput/progress of the Windows update connections?

If the reason actually is that FastTCP does not respond to congestion in
a fair manner (as Ryan Mounce suggested) than you should see high packet
loss (for all connections), high throughput for the Windows update
connections and very low throughput for regular TCP connections.

Also, it would be interesting to see what happens to fixed bit rate UDP
streams.

Best, Mario