[Bloat] Win10 Updates vs cake

Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk
Fri Dec 22 04:17:23 EST 2017

> On 22 Dec 2017, at 03:57, Ryan Mounce <ryan at mounce.com.au> wrote:
>
> Some further reading on the issue
>
> https://www.mail-archive.com/nanog@nanog.org/msg87442.html
> https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2530363
>
> Regards,
> Ryan Mounce

Chaps,

As a result of the following conversation between Dave & myself.

>> Opinions on doing a PR for LEDE so they can enjoy(/crash) the fruits of our latest cobalt.  They’re currently missing ingress mode & ack filtering filtering toys.
>
> Nah. Let's get it into net-next first this time. I would hope for some
> good comments.

LEDE master until very recently (a week) still had old versions of cake & tc.  Since the upstreaming appears to have stalled on a technical issue, I took the opportunity to update LEDE master.  I had submitted patches for 17.01 yesterday, after having let master ’stew’ a bit in case of problems,  but subsequently pulled them this morning due to new arrivals (and discrepancies) in the cake repo.

As of this email - LEDE master has a full featured cake/cobalt but with a double overhead bug.  LEDE 17.01 has a much older, pre ingress mode, pre ack filter version.

Once the cake repo is sorted out I can redo & resubmit the patches for both master & 1701 - and with a bit of luck we’ll all be in an even place again.

Cheers,

Kevin D-B
+44 7947 355344

012C ACB2 28C6 C53E 9775  9123 B3A2 389B 9DE2 334A