[Bloat] ipv6 timestamp header?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 21:07:25 EDT 2017

I am curious if code for linux ever appeared that could generate an
ipv6 header specific for a timestamp? I realize full well that most
stacks would just drop additional undefined ipv6 headers - and that
inserting it into the path is a pita - but at least fiddling with the
idea for certain kinds of traffic (host to host on a single link) is
appealing at the moment.

Many proposals for such have appeared in the past, here's one:

https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/87/slides/slides-87-6man-4.pdf

And another:

http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~dp/pubs/Pezaros-NOMS04-CRC.pdf

With this... and a well established grammar for parsing packets...
perhaps I can also get a pony?
http://blog.cerowrt.org