[Bloat] Inaccurate rates with HTB/HFSC+fq_codel on router due to VLAN?

xnor xnoreq at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 11:34:22 EDT 2017

Hey Jonathan,

I have updated to Lede 17.01.0, installed sch_cake, replaced my
htb/hfsc+fq_codels with cakes (with bandwidth, docsis, internet
options), but the problem persists.

I've seen that it has an autorate_ingress option, which doesn't improve
my situation. But it raises a question:
Why not operate on ingress rates, or at least add an ingress-operation
option/mode?

If I understood it correctly, and very simplified speaking, right now a
queue is filled with link speed and drained by a configured bandwidth.
As the pressure in a queue rises, packets will be dropped/marked to
reduce pressure to some tolerable level.

Why not measure ingress rate (averaged over a window related to the
configured rtt) and increase pressure if the ingress rate surpasses the
configured bandwidth?

Anyway, I can provide information of cake now. Just let me know what you
need (tc -d -s qdisc/class/filter ... I guess).