[Bloat] Inaccurate rates with HTB/HFSC+fq_codel on router due to VLAN?

xnor xnoreq at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 14:18:45 EDT 2017

Hey Jonathan,

you haven't responded to the cake stats I'd sent you, but I just wanted
to say that I seem to have solved my problem in an unconventional way.

I've grabbed the code and changed (miused) the autorate_ingress portion
to do my own rate adjustments based on measured ingress rate. So if the
ingress rate starts to exceed the configured rate, I lower the rate a
bit and if the sender backs off and ingress rate drops then the rate is
slowly raised again .. and so on and on - with reasonable limits and
some smoothing.

Btw, sch_cake.c doesn't seem to ever set last_reconfig_time.