[Bloat] DETNET

Matthias Tafelmeier matthias.tafelmeier at gmx.net
Wed Nov 15 15:09:32 EST 2017

On 11/15/2017 08:45 PM, Ken Birman wrote:
> I'm missing context.  Can someone tell me why I'm being cc'ed on these?
right, I cced you so I'm liable to clarify.

> Topic seems germane to me (Derecho uses RDMA on RoCE) but I'm unclear what this thread is "about"

I perceived you as a strong kind of advocate for RDMA, at least that's a
supposition I hold ever since having read your blogs/research around it.
It was mentioned here in context with other existing or already
pertaining technologies as to the purpose of improving network
performance in general - especially for certain domains. Therefore, I
thought blending/exchanging knowledge or inciting a discussion might be
profitable for both worlds.

Originally, this ML is for the Bufferbloat project, but, occassionally
it does get captivated ...

--
Besten Gruß

Matthias Tafelmeier