[Bloat] Steam In Home Streaming on ath9k wifi

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Sun Nov 19 11:28:33 EST 2017

Caleb Cushing <xenoterracide at gmail.com> writes:

> I've actually managed to get game streaming mostly smooth, but there's
> still an occasional stutter (latency increase from ~5ms to around
> 100ms, then it goes away again) that I haven't figured out. happy to
> provide more information if it'll help this use case. note, the
> additional options mentioned in the forum on src/desthost seem to
> actually make things worse.

So this is two computers talking to each other over WiFi? What
chipsets/drivers are they using for WiFi? It may very well be that what
you're seeing is hickups in the WiFi connection at the computer, not at
the router. In which case there's nothing you can do on the router to
fix it.

Another possibility is that it's an occasional signal drop that causes
excessive retries (either at the router or the AP). We have not gotten
around to limiting the retries in the drivers yet, so that can cause
quite a bit of very intermittent head of line blocking as well.

-Toke