[Bloat] Steam In Home Streaming on ath9k wifi

Caleb Cushing xenoterracide at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 16:18:58 EST 2017

> So this is two computers talking to each other over WiFi? What
> chipsets/drivers are they using for WiFi? It may very well be that what
> you're seeing is hickups in the WiFi connection at the computer, not at
> the router. In which case there's nothing you can do on the router to
> fix it.

sure possible, can't say it's not, I did manage to find a channel that only
I'm on in the 5 ghz range and all machines are within 2 meters of the AP.
But of course it's wifi so, no real guarantees.

Both computers are running windows 10. Server is running a qualcomm device
says it's using the killer wireless n/a/c version 4.0.2.26 (fishy, I know
killer wireless is sort of it's own qos, I think I've effectively disabled
it though). Client is running an Intel Dual Band wireless AC 8260,
driver 19.71.1.1.

> Another possibility is that it's an occasional signal drop that causes
> excessive retries (either at the router or the AP). We have not gotten
> around to limiting the retries in the drivers yet, so that can cause
> quite a bit of very intermittent head of line blocking as well.
>
> could also be, do those retries happen when it's udp? 'cause I think steam
homestreaming is basically all udp, maybe the packets are just getting
dropped?
--
Caleb Cushing

http://xenoterracide.com