[Bloat] Steam In Home Streaming on ath9k wifi

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 08:03:24 EST 2017

On 26/11/17 12:54, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
> It's not about the AP, it's about the client. (APs can detect extension
> channel interference without doing a scan, although I don't know if you need
> this fallback at all on 5 GHz.)

You are absolutely right. I have disabled the scans and now the stats
for the same test look like this:

100 packets transmitted, 100 received, 0% packet loss, time 99153ms

Disabling the scans needed to be done on the AP side though (in
hostapd.conf):

# If set non-zero, require stations to perform scans of overlapping
# channels to test for stations which would be affected by 40 MHz traffic.
# This parameter sets the interval in seconds between these scans.
Setting this
# to non-zero allows 2.4 GHz band AP to move dynamically to a 40 MHz
channel if
# no co-existence issues with neighboring devices are found.

This was set to 10 when I did the first test. I have now reset it to 0
(the default) which results in the above improved stats.

Thanks, Jan