[Bloat] Steam In Home Streaming on ath9k wifi

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 13:43:41 EST 2017

Resending with the from-address with which I'm subscribed to the list

On 26/11/17 18:53, Dave Taht wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 26, 2017 at 2:05 AM, Jonathan Morton <chromatix99 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Another explanation for latency spikes on the order of 100ms is that a
>> periodic (and wholly unnecessary) scan for other APs is run, which requires
>> the wifi radio to be temporarily tuned away from the currently associated
>> AP's frequency.
>
> I'd written that up here:
>
> http://blog.cerowrt.org/post/disabling_channel_scans/
>
> Which was improved in some release of network manager
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/373680

Dave,

Thanks, but that's not the same problem I experienced. Yours was
entirely client-side (i.e. it was behaviour of Network Manager). My
problem was due to the AP asking the client to periodically perform
scans (by means of hostapd's obss_interval parameter).

Similar (but not the same) symptoms - different cause.

Jan