[Bloat] emulating non-duplex media in linux qdiscs

Luca Muscariello luca.muscariello at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 05:25:20 EDT 2017

Dave,

If the objective is to run experiments with some emulated wifi I could
suggest
a workaround that we are using. It is not based on qdisc only.

It is based on ns3 emulation and linux bridges.

https://git.fd.io/cicn/tree/emu-radio/README.md?h=vicn/master

The radio emulation piece includes 802.11n and LTE.
For wifi you get the contention behaviour you're looking for and listen
before talk etc.
You also get the TX or RX behaviour. There is also the propagation models
from ns3 (fast/slow fading, etc. etc.).

The radio piece is a single Linux process so depending on the scaling
you're looking for this tool
might or might not be useful.

In the repo, there is some documentation, but if you plan to use this stuff
and need help let me know.
There is also a ML, in case it helps.

Luca