[Bloat] beating the drum for BQL

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 20:49:08 EDT 2018

I had a chance to give a talk at broadcom recently, slides here:

http://flent-fremont.bufferbloat.net/~d/broadcom_aug9.pdf

(there's a fun slide on "carmageddon", and I am finding the
"tcp_square_wave" test *works* on EE types)

I was very happy to see BQL support in all of broadcom's *ethernet*
drivers, but along the way I noticed how many other drivers still
lacked it in the current kernel . Notably I figured a few dsl devices
should have it by now, and no doubt a few other device types.

I/we really should have beat the bql drum harder over the last 6
years. It's the basic start to all the debloating.

CEO, TekLibre, LLC
http://www.teklibre.com
Tel: 1-669-226-2619