[Bloat] beating the drum for BQL

Pete Heist pete at heistp.net
Thu Aug 23 04:26:19 EDT 2018

> On Aug 23, 2018, at 2:49 AM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I had a chance to give a talk at broadcom recently, slides here:
>
> http://flent-fremont.bufferbloat.net/~d/broadcom_aug9.pdf <http://flent-fremont.bufferbloat.net/~d/broadcom_aug9.pdf>

Thanks for sharing, this is really useful, raising awareness where it matters. Quite a bit of content... :)

Ubiquiti needs some work getting this into more of their products (EdgeMAX in particular). A good time to lobby for this might be, well a couple months ago, as they’re producing alpha builds for their upcoming 2.0 release with kernel 4.9 and new Cavium/Mediatek/Octeon SDKs. I just asked about the status in the EdgeRouter Beta forum, in case it finds the right eyes before the release:

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/EdgeRouter-Beta/BQL-support/m-p/2466657 <https://community.ubnt.com/t5/EdgeRouter-Beta/BQL-support/m-p/2466657>

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/EdgeMAX-Beta-Blog/New-EdgeRouter-firmware-2-0-0-alpha-2-has-been-released/ba-p/2414938 <https://community.ubnt.com/t5/EdgeMAX-Beta-Blog/New-EdgeRouter-firmware-2-0-0-alpha-2-has-been-released/ba-p/2414938>