[Bloat] The Blind Men and the Elephant.

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 14:37:30 EST 2018

Relevant today: https://rule11.tech/reaction-the-pace-of-innovation/

> Also, loved this: “How many of you have successfully configured your home
> router QOS page, without losing hair from your head.” Which is why the
> IQrouter has no QoS UI, just a couple of buttons to re-start the automatic
> optimization run if you change service levels. Everything else is hidden.
>
> And there is some hope for ISPs, as a very Woke local ISP now rents / sells
> IQrouters to their users, as it was the only way to keep their rural DSL and
> Cable customers happy. But I had to spend four hours (across multiple
> meetings) educating them on the topic of bufferbloat and its mitigations.

I used to go to disbeliever's homes to set it up

I'd hope that with more makers such as you, with in the game, could
make bigger wins in the market.

AT&T, for example, still has an enormous DSL base that they could sell
 new gear into.

The market for GPON ONTs is hot, and that would be nice to tackle.
Then there's 5G....

> Thanks again,
>
> Jonathan Foulkes
> CEO - Evenroute.com
>

> On Feb 11, 2018, at 8:11 PM, Jim Gettys <jg at freedesktop.org> wrote:
>
> My version is up: dunno why the ietf web site doesn't have it up yet (It was
> supposed to go up 7pm ET).
>
> https://gettys.wordpress.com/2018/02/11/the-blind-men-and-the-elephant/
>
> We will push this on social media first thing in the morning.  Those of you
> in Europe, please do so as well (it's best to get the ball rolling in the
> morning in Europe before the western hemisphere wakes up).
>
> Thank you all for all of your help.  I have tried to credit everyone
> appropriately as best I can.
>
> All the best,
>
> Jim

CEO, TekLibre, LLC