[Bloat] Curious bufferbloat on DOCSIS connection with many downloads

Benjamin Cronce bcronce at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 19:15:02 EST 2018

Along what Michael Richardson said, with GPON I have seen where idle
latency was ~1.5ms, but under load latency was about 0.2ms. I wouldn't be
surprised if TDMA scheduling playing a factor. I don't know what kind of
latency SLAs DOCSIS can or typically have. GPON has scheduling latency all
the way down to 0.5ms.