[Bloat] Netflix's fast.com now measuring bufferbloat

Keith Duthie keith at no.net.nz
Thu Jul 19 04:15:28 EDT 2018

I get 25ms unloaded and 27ms loaded with cake running on the latest openwrt
rc. If I increase the shaping speed above what the link runs at, that goes
up to 30ms loaded.

Incidentally, speaking of the openwrt rc: for anyone upgrading their router
with sysupgrade, I usually ssh into my router and run approximately the
following to get the system back to being useful and easily configurable
after being flashed:

opkg remove dnsmasq
echo "nameserver 1.1.1.1" > /etc/resolv.conf
echo "nameserver 1.0.0.1" >> /etc/resolv.conf
echo "nameserver 9.9.9.9" >> /etc/resolv.conf
opkg update
opkg install luci-ssl
opkg install dnsmasq-full
opkg install luci-app-sqm​