[Bloat] SQM Settings for Bonded DSL?

Jonathan Foulkes jf at jonathanfoulkes.com
Thu Jun 21 09:16:23 EDT 2018

Hi Rich, Sebastian,

Most bonded modems do a good job of making the line look just like a single, higher-capacity line. The only major issues I’ve observed is when the bonded lines have some asymmetry to them (e.g. one link has weaker SNR), then the bond drops, re-synchs and continues. But occasionally, it will run for extended periods at 50% capacity (i.e. on only one of the lines).
It uses PMT protocols, so not at all like mwan3, as any one connection can achieve full throughput of the bonded set.

I have data on hundreds of bonded lines, and other than the scenarios I mentioned above about bad bonds, as far as SQM goes, it behaves just like any other DSL line of equal capacity. So all the same guidelines would apply.

I hope that helps,

Jonathan Foulkes