[Bloat] lwn.net's tcp small queues vs wifi aggregation solved

Kathleen Nichols nichols at pollere.com
Thu Jun 21 12:43:28 EDT 2018

On 6/21/18 8:18 AM, Dave Taht wrote:

> This is a case where inserting a teeny bit more latency to fill up the
> queue (ugh!), or a driver having some way to ask the probability of
> seeing more data in the
> next 10us, or... something like that, could help.

Well, if the driver sees the arriving packets, it could infer that an
ack will be produced shortly and will need a sending opportunity.

	Kathie

(we tried this mechanism out for cable data head ends at Com21 and it
went into a patent that probably belongs to Arris now. But that was for
cable. It is a fact universally acknowledged that a packet of data must
be in want of an acknowledgement.)