[Bloat] powerboost and sqm

Jonas MÃ¥rtensson martensson.jonas at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 02:26:25 EDT 2018

> > - Are the latency spikes real?
>
>         I believe so, but I would try to use flent's rrul test to see
> whether theses also show up outside of a browser-based test.

I played around with flent a bit, here are some example plots:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/facariwkp5x5dh1/flent.zip?dl=1

The short spikes are not seen with flent so I'm led to believe these are
just a result of running the "Hi-Res" dslreports test in a browser. In the
flent rrul test, up to about 10 ms induced latency can be seen during the
"powerboost" phase but after that it is almost zero. I'm curious about how
this is implemented on the ISP side. If anything, sqm seems to induce a bit
more latency during the "steady-state" phase.

/Jonas