[Bloat] quick review and rant of "Identifying and Handling Non Queue Building Flows in a Bottleneck Link"

Michael Welzl michawe at ifi.uio.no
Thu Nov 1 06:39:18 EDT 2018

Hi,

> On 29 Oct 2018, at 05:02, Dave Taht <dave at taht.net> wrote:

> Dear Greg:
>
> I don't feel like commenting much on ietf matters these days
> but, jeeze,

(snip)

There seems to me to be a disconnect here, the core of which is this comment:

> Did I rant already that the vast majority of flows are non-saturating?

That's a bug, not a feature - and you seem to treat it as an unchangeable fact.
Despite the undebatable importance of bufferbloat and its impact on e2e packet latency, this is only one of the factors playing into the "latency" that I perceive when I click on the link as I surf the Internet.
Flow completion time has to do with saturation as well.

Cheers,
Michael