[Bloat] one benefit of turning off shaping + fq_codel

Luca Muscariello luca.muscariello at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 12:16:54 EST 2018

Yes there was some discussion about that.
Moving things to hardware should fix that.

Evens traffic management in NPU based routers makes use of hardware based
polling for shaping. These are trade offs one has to face all the time.

There has been a discussion at the defense about hardware vs software,
hardware + software, when one, when the other.

BTW Toke is Doctor Toke now :-)