[Bloat] found another good use for a queue today, possibly

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 21:17:32 EST 2018

I had been investigating various hashing schemes for speeding up the
babeld routing protocol daemon, and dealing with annoying bursty cpu
behavior (resizing memory, bursts of packets, thundering herds of
retractions), and, although it's a tough slog of a read, this adds a
queue to cuckoo hashing to good effect in flattening out insertion
time.

https://arxiv.org/pdf/0903.0391.pdf

But for all I know it's dependent on angels dancing on saddles mounted
on unicorns. I skip to the graphs for insertion time and go back to
the text for another round...

"polylog(n)-wise Independent Hash Function". OK, my google-foo fails
me: The authors use sha1, would something lighter weight suit?

CTO, TekLibre, LLC
http://www.teklibre.com
Tel: 1-831-205-9740