[Bloat] when does the CoDel part of fq_codel help in the real world?

Roland Bless roland.bless at kit.edu
Tue Nov 27 16:57:53 EST 2018

Hi Kathie,

[long time, no see :-)]
I'm well aware of the CoDel paper and it really does a nice job
of explaining the good queue and bad queue properties. What we
found is that loss-based TCP CCs systematically build standing
queues. Their positive function is to keep up the link utilization,
their drawback is the huge queuing delay. So everyone
not aware of both papers should read them. However, if you think
something that I wrote is NOT in accordance with your findings,
please let me know.

Regards,
 Roland

On 27.11.18 at 19:44 Kathleen Nichols wrote> I have been kind of blown
away by this discussion. Jim Gettys kind of> kicked off the current wave
of dealing with full queues, dubbing it