[Bloat] Is 5/10MHz wifi bandwidth legal in 2.4GHz (half/quarter-clocking)?

bkil bkil.hu+Aq at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 01:52:28 EDT 2018

I wouldn't be surprised if we could patch this mode to another common
chipset other than Atheros.

I understand that this is not a standard mode in 2.4GHz if reading the
standard to the letter, but it is close enough. If it is legal to use
it, as lots of devices support it, it would still be a great choice
for certain point to (mult-)point links or mesh/IoT deployments and we
should "advertise" this capability better.

We could get 16 orthogonal channels instead of 4 (or 13 overlapping) -
so we do get more channels in the end.

Also we have lots of underutilized spectrum in 5GHz, we would need to
update regdb in most countries and handle additional channel numbers
to use this.