[Bloat] eero using fq_codel and Cake

Ali dukecrow at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 13:25:07 EDT 2018

I've been reading this list for a while but never subscribed bc I don't
really have anything to contribute.

Well, I saw this on the eero subreddit and thought it was worth posting
about.

https://www.reddit.com/r/eero/comments/9nvuk8/comment/e7qgg4c?st=JNGA5S6H&sh=04ae8c47
"It's fq-codel inside the mesh, and then CAKE on the uplink, if your
gateway is a second generation eero.  If your gateway is a first generation
eero, then it's codel on the uplink too."

The user 6roybatty6 is an engineer at eero who is active in the subreddit
(the CEO and founder is active, too). Great to see one of the wireless mesh
products out there using fq_codel in their WiFi implementation and Cake at
the router/gateway.

Regards,
Ali