[Bloat] eero using fq_codel and Cake

Dave Taht dave at taht.net
Mon Oct 22 12:33:46 EDT 2018

Ali <dukecrow at gmail.com> writes:

> I've been reading this list for a while but never subscribed bc I
> don't really have anything to contribute.
>
> Well, I saw this on the eero subreddit and thought it was worth
> posting about.
>
> https://www.reddit.com/r/eero/comments/9nvuk8/comment/e7qgg4c?st=JNGA5S6H&sh=04ae8c47
> "It's fq-codel inside the mesh, and then CAKE on the uplink, if your
> gateway is a second generation eero. If your gateway is a first
> generation eero, then it's codel on the uplink too."
>
> The user 6roybatty6 is an engineer at eero who is active in the
> subreddit (the CEO and founder is active, too). Great to see one of
> the wireless mesh products out there using fq_codel in their WiFi
> implementation and Cake at the router/gateway.

thank you for the heads up. I joined that thread. It's great to see our
stuff more "out there" and being refined into something mere mortals
can use, and hopefully, more often enabled by default.

User feedback is valuable. For example the poster asked if "sqm got
smarter over time" - and, yea, some deployments are doing that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/eero/comments/9nvuk8/does_sqm_get_smarter/