[Bloat] vyatta in AT&T 5G gear

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Mon Oct 22 16:45:58 EDT 2018

Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 9:42 AM Stephen Hemminger
> <stephen at networkplumber.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 21 Oct 2018 11:36:43 +0200
>> Jonas Mårtensson <martensson.jonas at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Stephen,
>> >
>> > DaNoS has yang/netconf database based control plane
>> > >

>> > Do you have more information about DANOS and using Go for the control
>> > plane? The AT&T design uses a Broadcom Qumran-AX switching chip for the
>> > dataplane so no DPDK.
>> >
>> > /Jonas
>>
>> Linux Foundation announced Danos, but no code is yet available.
>
> Not even which license seems to be available.
>
> Still... I guess this is going to be "a thing", and we should probably
> get involved.
>
> I'd like to see P4 evolve a bit more "our way".

There's a fairly new traffic management working group in the P4 org.
They're trying to define an extension to the P4 language to describe a
programmable interface to packet scheduling and traffic shaping.

You have to be a member of the P4 consortium to take part (most of the
lists on http://lists.p4.org/mailman/listinfo are members only). It's
free for individuals, though; but you do have to sign a CLA. See
https://p4.org/join/

-Toke