[Bloat] number of home routers with ingress AQM

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Tue Apr 2 10:02:34 EDT 2019

On Wed, 3 Apr 2019, Ryan Mounce wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Apr 2019 at 00:04, Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike at swm.pp.se> wrote:
>>
>> What you described is probably on 95% or more of egress shaping on the BNG
>> and on egress shaping on HGWs in the field.
>
> How many of these single queue deployments actually have ECN marking
> enabled? This is the really dangerous case with L4S.

I don't have numbers, but from looking at the platforms I have available
to me, very few do ECN-marking.

Considering that Apple has been beating the ECN-enablement drum for a few
years now, there might actually be ECN-marking deployment soon.

I'm in process of trying to figure out support for ingress/egress shaping
and ECN marking on the most common BNG platforms, we'll see what that will
result in.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se